Board logo

标题: [icyfire的CD架]Hanson - 《The Walk》[过期] [打印本页]

作者: icyfire    时间: 2007-3-5 14:48     标题: [icyfire的CD架]Hanson - 《The Walk》[过期]

歌手名称: Hanson
专辑名称: The Walk
专辑风格: Pop,Rock   
发行日期: Feb 21, 2007

短评:
Hanson's highly anticipated new release "The Walk" falls short of the high expectations set forth by fans. Their album "Underneath" was a definite transition from their earlier poppy music into "The Walk" (think songs like Underneath or Broken Angel). This album is a slight maturation from previous releases, but for the most part the songs on this album all sound the same. It seems like more of an extension of the slower songs on "Underneath" (such as the songs mentioned above or the song Believe) than entirely new material (in fact, the song The Walk has been around since Underneath Acoustic was released in 2004 - it was just never put onto a record). This album is missing the more upbeat music like Lost Without Each Other, Love Somebody To Know, or If Only on previous albums and mostly contains the rock-ballad type of songs. The songs that are upbeat like the "party track" Running Man are mostly annoying with horrible lyrics and I tend to skip them when playing the CD. Most songs either have great music or great vocals, but they just don't seem to connect the two. Two of the best songs on the album are the bonus tracks on the Japanese release (in fact THE best song on the album IS the bonus song "I Am"). I don't mean to pan the entire album though, it is worth a listen and I would recommend it for long time Hanson fans and people new to the band. There are songs to enjoy and the album is different than previous releases for some of the following reasons: Zak takes on more of the vocals (which is refreshing), many songs contain an African children's choir, and the songs are more heart-felt and personal. Unfortunately though, overall I was very disappointed in this album and this is coming from a die-hard Hanson fan of over 10 years. I was just expecting something more, especially on the up-beat tracks. After listening to the album about 30 times I've come to accept the new music but if you're looking for the upbeat Hanson of the past that gets you moving and singing along, you'll be anticipating the NEXT album with me.

Songs to listen to: Watch Over Me, Go, The Walk, I Am (bonus track on theJapanese release)

Songs to skip: Running Man, Something Going Round, Tearing It Down (the repeated N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-NO! is downright laughable)
(From crazy99_x)

歌曲列表:
01. Intro (Ngi Ne Themba)
02. Great Divide
03. Been There Before
04. Georgia
05. Watch Over Me
06. Running Man
07. Go
08. Fire On The Mountain
09. One More
10. Blue Sky